Family Individualized Tuition
A Sacred Heart education at Duchesne Academy is a transformative experience. We believe that students who are seeking a Sacred Heart education and ready to make the most of their school experience should not see tuition as a barrier.
What could Family Individualized Tuition look like for your family?
We want to start a conversation about FIT with you as early as possible, so you have the information you need as you go through the admissions process. Many factors are considered when determining your family’s tuition. Please reach out to us to discuss your individual situation.
In the spirit of the Sacred Heart commitment to building community and removing barriers, we offer Family Individualized Tuition (FIT). FIT is designed to increase access to a high-quality Sacred Heart education for academically qualified students who strengthen our community and advance the mission of Duchesne Academy. We want to be the top choice for your family.
FIT makes this possible! More than half of our freshman families currently receive individualized tuition, and families from 41 zip codes in the Omaha metro and across the economic spectrum have found their home at Duchesne Academy. All of our students strengthen our school community with their gifts and talents!
FIT is a part of the mission of Sacred Heart education as reflected in the Goals and Criteria of Sacred Heart Education. We would love to talk with your family about FIT!
Please note: Plans are assigned to families who have completed the enrollment contract and paid the registration fee. Please complete the enrollment checklist by February 28, 2023.
2023-2024 Annual Fees
- Registration Fee: $350
- Class of 2027: Please submit this fee by Freshman Registration Night on February 28, 2023.
- Other Grades will pay this fee when you sign and submit your enrollment contract.
- Activities Fee: $675 – A Sacred Heart education extends beyond the classroom and strengthens mind, body, and spirit. This fee supports Duchesne’s robust selection of extracurricular activities, community building events, as well as the celebration of Sacred Heart traditions.
- Technology Fee:
- Class of 2027: $500, Other Grades: $400
- This fee provides students with the tools and infrastructure needed to learn and collaborate from anywhere, including an iPad, case, keyboard, Apple Pencil, Apple Care warranty, and tech support. With this fee, Duchesne also provides secure campus-wide high-speed wifi, licenses for certain electronic textbooks and other educational media, digital classroom management software (Canvas), Microsoft Office 365, Adobe Creative Cloud, and other support software.
FIT Application Process
- The deadline for applying for FIT is February 28, 2023, for the 2023-2024 school year. We will continue to accept and review applications after the deadline if funds are available, but we give priority to families who apply by the deadline.
- We require the following documents be uploaded with your FACTS application:
- Uploaded by the FIT deadline of Feb 28:
- Most recent pay stubs
- 2021 filed tax return (1040, 1040A, 1040EZ with all schedules)
- Uploaded by April 15:
- 2022 filed tax returns (1040, 1040A, 1040EZ with all schedules)
- Most recently filed Business Tax return if applicable
- Any supplemental income documentation.
- Uploaded by the FIT deadline of Feb 28:
- Click here to visit the FACTS Grant & Aid Assessment website (https://online.factsmgt.com/signin/3FZSJ) and create an account or log in to your existing account.
- Complete the required information and submit the required documentation. Applications missing any of the required documentation may not be considered.
- Once your information is processed, Duchesne Academy will receive a tuition recommendation from FACTS. Using that recommendation and all other qualitative information you provide, the FIT Committee will determine a sustainable rate of tuition that prioritizes tuition as a top financial commitment for your family. Equity and confidentiality are at the heart of this process.
- You will receive your preliminary FIT determination letter before March 31. Any remaining documents must be uploaded to FACTS by April 15 in order for Duchesne to apply the FIT determination to your FACTS account. We reserve the right to adjust the FIT determination should the remaining documentation uploaded by April 15 reflect a different financial situation for your family than what was provided by your initial documentation.
- If you have questions about our FIT program, email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have questions about the FACTS application, you can contact FACTS family support at 1-866-315-9262.
529 Savings Plans
The federal Tax Cuts and Jobs Act means 529 savings plans—plans that allow families to save for educational expenses—can be used for private school tuition grades K-12 as well college costs, up to $10,000 in some cases. Please contact our business office to discuss using a 529 plan at Duchesne.
- What is Family Individualized Tuition (FIT)?
- I would never qualify; I make too much money. What should I do?
- Does Duchesne offer scholarships?
- Who can be a part of FIT?
- If I apply for FIT, will it impact my daughter's application for admission?
- When will I learn what our individualized tuition will be?
- What if our individualized tuition is still not enough to make Duchesne Academy affordable for my family?
- Are there payment plans available?
- I am concerned about additional fees beyond tuition. What help does the school offer for extra expenses?
- Our family has multiple households. Does every household have to submit an application?