Children of Mary
Dear Children of Mary Member:
We hope this letter finds you doing well as summer begins to wind down. To those of you who were able to join us last year in our virtual Children of Mary programming, thank you for your participation and ongoing support. You made last year such a success, and we are so appreciative.
We are so excited this year to welcome you back to the building for our usual first Friday meetings. At this point in time, guests will be required to wear masks on campus regardless of vaccination status, so please wear a mask if you are attending in person. We will continue to offer a virtual component and look forward to our out-of-town friends still participating.
Please mark your calendar for the 2021-2022 meetings:
- Friday, October 1, 2021 – Christ Child Society (please bring size 1 diapers for their layette project)
- Friday, November 5, 2021 – Shirley Miller, RSCJ: Reflections on her book
- Friday, December 3, 2021 – Linda Kato, RSCJ: Portrait Dolls of Women Heroines *Congé luncheon to follow/take home *Children of Mary directory available for pick-up
- Friday, February 4, 2022 – Nancy Kehoe, RSCJ: Faith and Mental Health
- Friday, March 4, 2022 – Donna Collins, RSCJ: Janet Erskine Stuart
- Friday, April 1, 2022 – Sharon Karam, RSCJ: Morning of Reflection Friday, May 6, 2022 – Meg Brudney, State of School *End of year luncheon to follow
Speakers will begin at 10:00 am CST and conclude by 11:00 am; Mass will begin at 11:15 am in the Chapel. Both speakers and Mass will be available via Zoom for our out-of-town members, or those unable to come in person. Our Morning of Reflection in April will be longer than a usual session, and we will let you know when that timing is confirmed.
Our annual dues will be $35.00. There is a $5 increase from last year due to an increase in the stipend we pay our speakers and priests. Aside from paying speakers and priests, all other funds go towards the Children of Mary scholarship fund. We wish to express gratitude to our inactive members who continue to show interest and support the sodality through their continued membership.
Please mail your check and dues form in the enclosed envelope to Ann Tjaden or register online by clicking here. The directory will be mailed to you in December or available for pick up at the meeting, so please submit your dues before November 15 if you would like your name represented in the directory.
As always, alumna status is not necessary for membership or in order to receive the Children of Mary medal. To receive a medal, as is Children of Mary tradition, your attendance at six program presentations is required and they need not be consecutive. We will bless and present medals at our first meeting of the year, so please contact Trisha Meehan (firstname.lastname@example.org or (402) 810-9960) ASAP if you would like to order a medal.
We look forward to sharing this upcoming year of spiritual growth and deepening our Sacred Heart connection with all of you.
In the Heart,