The mission of the Duchesne Academy Library is to promote a culture of learning that incorporates the Goals and Criteria of Sacred Heart Schools for the development of students who are literate, ethical, resourceful, and independent learners.
To achieve this mission, the library seeks to:
- communicate regularly about the library program
- create opportunities for collaboration with the librarians at other Omaha high schools and at other Sacred Heart schools.
- develop the practice of legal and ethical behavior and understand the human, cultural, and societal issues related to technology
- encourage the use of digital resources and tools to gather, evaluate and use information
- enrich the academic and student support programs
- foster the development of information literacy and technology skills through individual and group instruction
- nurture independent reading
- promote collaborative planning with faculty
- promote the use of appropriate digital resources and tools
- provide an inviting and safe physical and virtual environment
- select, acquire and manage library resources that support curricular and recreational activities
- support the information needs of all students
Manual Of Library Policies