Duchesne Academy offers many opportunities to discover why our dynamic community is so special and to experience the uniqueness of a Sacred Heart education.
Shadow Days–Open to 6th-8th Grade Girls
We invite you to spend a school day with one of our current students to discover Duchesne. Prospective students will live a day in the life of a Duchesne student by participating in classroom discussions, an all-school liturgy or an activity. Shadowing is a great way for you to meet our students, faculty, and administrators. We will show you all that Duchesne Academy has to offer, first-hand.
PLEASE NOTE: PRIORITY WILL BE GIVEN TO 8TH GRADERS IN THE FALL. A LIMITED NUMBER OF VISITORS ARE ALLOWED EACH DAY.
Mrs. Lauren Aliano Mueller
- How much advance notice is needed? Preferably contact us at least two days in advance.
- Who can set it up? A parent or student may call or email the Admissions Director
- Are there half or full day restrictions? Seventh and eighth graders may come for a half or full day. It is suggested that 6th graders come for half day only unless they are with siblings.
- What grade levels can shadow? Sixth, seventh, and eighth graders are welcome.
- May the Duchesne student have more than one shadow at a time? A Duchesne student may have two shadows at a time.
- Is there a dress code? Most shadows wear a skirt, dress, or nice pants along with a shirt or sweater. Shadows will be advised if it is a full dress uniform day, and to wear an appropriate length dress or skirt. Please do not wear jeans, shorts, halter or tank tops.
- What is the cost of lunch? Four dollars will cover the cost of a shadow’s lunch or shadows may bring lunch from home. Shadows may wish to bring extra cash to buy a treat from the snack bar as well! Click here to view the lunch menu.
- What are the restricted dates? After December 10th and May 10th (Semester review and testing days); National Testing Day in October; Field Day in May
- Drop off and pick up policy: If the shadow will be dropped off by a parent, use the circle drive entrance on Burt St. Check in with the receptionist. The shadow can be picked up at the same entrance at the end of the day. If the shadow comes to school with her Duchesne student, she needs to check-in at the Admissions Office before the first block.
- How are shadows matched up? A shadow may request a particular Duchesne student. If she does not know any current students, she is matched up by academic interests or extra-curricular activities. A freshman or sophomore Duchesne student is recommended.
- What should the visitor bring? A notepad & pen if they want to remember specific points about their visit; a book in case their Duchesne host has a quiz. If the shadow has a cell phone, it must be turned off during the school day. Shadows are also encouraged to bring a water bottle.
You and your family are invited to discover Duchesne Academy during our Open House! Tour our historic buildings, view our classrooms, art studios, STEAM lab, and athletic facilities. Meet the faculty, current students and parents. You will learn about Duchesne’s college-preparatory curriculum, iPad program, traditions, athletics, and clubs.
Open House 2019
November 3, 2019
10:30 a.m - 1:30 p.m.
Every year Duchesne hosts various recruitment events that provide prospective students with the opportunity to learn more about the Duchesne experience in a casual and fun environment. Students meet and interact with current Duchesne Academy students as well as with peers from other area grade schools who are also considering Duchesne for high school. Postcards with more information about each recruitment event are mailed roughly one month prior to the event.
2019 Recruitment Events:
Take Stage! Musical Theatre Workshop
Saturday, October 12, 2019, 9:00 a.m. - 12:45 p.m.
Harvest Party for 8th Grade Girls
Saturday, October 26, 7:30-10:00 pm
Open House for 5th-8th Grade Girls
Sunday, November 3, 2019, 10:30 am-1:30 pm
7th Grade Girls Night Out
Spring 2020, TBD
5th/6th Grade Field Day
Spring 2020, TBD