Duchesne Academy commits to the use of technology as an educational tool to prepare students to live cooperatively in a global and technological society. iPads are required beginning freshman year. The fundamental skills of technology are fully integrated into the curriculum in an introduction to computing essentials course.
Duchesne Academy commits to the use of technology in order to:
- Assist in the development of critical thinking and communication skills
- Open new avenues to intellectual growth
- Increase awareness of social issues and involvement in social justice
- Broaden the communication base among the members of the Sacred Heart community
- Teach Goal Five: Personal growth in an atmosphere of wise freedom
- Encourage young women to consider careers in technology fields where they are under-represented, and to develop the skills that will keep them competitive in an increasingly technology-oriented workforce
- How long has Duchesne had a technology program?
- Why are the students provided with iPads rather than laptops?
- What technology skills will my student learn?
- What is cost of the iPad and is there insurance for the iPad?
- When does our daughter receive her iPad?
- Do we have to buy our daughter’s iPad through Duchesne or can we provide our own?
- What are my daughter’s responsibilities concerning her iPad?
- What does my daughter do if she has a problem (non-damage related) with her iPad?
- Does the school block certain websites?
- Do the students and teachers use technology to communicate?